Title: Database Coordinator
Category: Hourly Employee
Reports to: Director of Development
The database coordinator is responsible for all data processing associated with Old Westbury Gardens’ Annual Appeal, Membership Programs and private donor events. As a key member of the development team, the database coordinator offers administrative support for the department.
For a detailed job description please CLICK HERE.
Application shall be made to the Department of Development, Old Westbury Gardens. Fax cover letter and resume to (516) 333-6807 or email DEVELOPMENT. PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.
Visitor Services Department
Title: Visitor Services Associate
Category: Part-time Hourly Seasonal Employee
Reports to: Director of Visitor Services and Public Programs
The Visitor Services Associate (VSA) is dually responsible for providing great visitor/customer service and security to all visitors. The VSA will also assist in set up and break down for events and programs.
Visitor/Customer Service Responsibilities:
Ensure the safety of visitors and to ensure the security of all Gardens property. Contribute to the pleasant experience of visitors and to carry out their duties with a courteous and pleasant manner at all times (e.g., providing helpful answers to questions)
Ensure that policies and procedures designed to protect Old Westbury Gardens, its collections, property, staff, volunteers, contractors and visitors are followed properly
Monitors visitors and alarm systems
Report writing, ledger notations, email, conveying information
Performs extensive patrols/inspections of Westbury House, the gardens and the grounds
Responds to emergency situations (CPR, First Aid and AED current certifications strongly preferred)
As part of ensuring a safe and pleasant experience for visitors to Old Westbury Gardens the responsibilities entails making sure the museum and its grounds are presentable. With this goal in mind, the VSA's responsibilities include (but are not limited to) tasks such as:
• Minimal amount of shoveling/salting of snow/ice during inclement weather • Removing outdoor refuse
• Cleaning/tidying rooms when necessary (i.e., after meetings, receptions)
• Restocking restrooms (i.e., toilet paper, napkins) Assist in the setup, operation, and break down for events and programs. Job Requirements:
• Must successfully pass a background check • Ability to maintain professional composure at all times.
• Must be in good physical and mental health, able to remain standing for at least 30 minutes, lift at least 30 lbs., and must be comfortable/able to navigate in cramped and narrow spaces (in the event of an emergency).
• Must be able to work on weekends, certain designated holidays, extended hours, off-hours events (evenings)
• Must be flexible with scheduling and able to change plans on short notice (in the event of an emergency)
• Must have the ability to function effectively as a member of a close-knit team as well as independently
• Must have a High School diploma or GED (college degree strongly preferred), a reliable means of communication (i.e., cell phone, email).
• Must be a team player, adaptable, dependable, trustworthy, confidential, personable
• Background in history, or horticulture or a related field strongly preferred.
Application shall be made to the Department of Visitor Services, Old Westbury Gardens. Fax cover letter and resume to (516) 333-6807 or email Paul Hunchak.